OUR FABULOUS CONTRIBUTORS TO OUR PROGRAM
We'd like to thank the following people and companies for their contributions and constant support over the years to our program and projects... Without our regular volunteers and our supporters we wouldn't be able to give our residents the support they need.
- First, we would like to thank our regular volunteers who are dedicated to this program
- T.C.H.C. for their on-site staff help and the use of their space and more recently for the installation of an air conditioner for our prep room which can get unbearably hot. And from July 2013 until January 2014 for help with our fresh fruit & veg project by providing a staff member to help and a vehicle to get the produce back from the store.
- Merrill Lynch who donated a large cash sum to help us get back on our feet after the fire and thefts to cover some of the losses of our tables & chairs.
- Rob's No Frills - in Greenwin Mall and before that at 555 Sherbourne for their continued constant support of our luncheons by providing gift cards for draws and helping us select good food and produce for our seniors. Rob has been helping us for many years now.
- Rosar Morrison Funeral Home & Chapel for their yearly donations. They made a monthly donation to help us with our fresh produce project in 2012 and 2013. And for their continued support in 2014 by helping with our Christmas program and BBQ. 2015 for their help with our Christmas program.
- General Electric - for the generous donation of a side-by-side refrigerator/freezer when we started back up several years ago. We are still loving it.
- Kevin Moore from City Hope for all his hours helping, volunteering and running our turkeys back and forth to the Royal York. And in 2014 and 2015 for the support of our birthday project!
- Former M.P. Bill Graham and his lovely wife Catherine for their continued support of our program.
- Fairmont Royal York Hotel - for always cooking our turkeys for us. They are amazing!
- Dales Pharmacy for their constant support with gift certificate donations for draws and health information
- Pamela-Jane Taylor - MBA, LLB, CMed., Barrister & Solicitor/Avocate, Notaire for her constant support and help with getting our charitable number.
- Hospice Toronto Staff for all their volunteer hours.
- Former M.P.P. George Smitherman - for his constant support and drop by's, everyone misses him and he always brings smiles.
- Jarden for the remarkable donation of 6 x-tra large crock pots (slow cookers) to us. They have made a huge difference in how we cook and in food safety as they have warmers on them too.
- St. Jamestown Steak & Chops for all the turkeys they have donated to us over the years for all our holiday meals including our Mother's Day!
- Tom Kral of At Your Place Computers for always supporting our program and for keeping all our computers up and running for those that can't afford one of their own.
- Steve from True Manufacturing for being an amazing company and helping us get an incredible industrial size freezer! And then again a couple of years later when we got the matching fridge/cooler.
- M.P.P. Glen Murrary
- former M.P. Bob Rae
- Champion Potatoes - who donate 200 lbs of potatoes a month to us for over 4 years amounting to well over 4 tons of potatoes!
- Neighbourhood Information Post
- Novelis Foil Products (formerly Alcan) for their donation of Alcan Slide Aluminum Foil which makes our cooking much easier and less waste.
- Bill Morneau, Toronto Centre Federal Liberals, M.P. and Minister of Finance for his support and coming whenever he can to help.
- Lisa at Nella Cutlery for working with Steve @ True Mfg to help make a dream come true and delivering and setting up our brand new 2 door, industrial, stainless steel freezer in Sept. 2012 and again in 2014 for our fridge!
- Wings Foods for the generous donation of salt and peppers for our meals for the upcoming year!
- T-Fal for being so big hearted and having 9 new pots (dutch ovens and sauce pans) and 2 amazing fryers donated to us to replace some those we lost in the fire.
- Seacore Seafood Inc. for their donation of 100 pieces of incredibly good cod fish. The group loved it.
- Redpath Sugar for their little packets of sugar for our tea/coffee and for 3 years of sugar cookies during the holidays.
- Sweet'N Low for an amazing donation of enough Sweet'N Low to last us a year easily! This is fantastic for all our diabetics in our group.
- Mazon Canada for their support of a one time small grant which was really needed at the time. It helped with 4 meals
- Everett Collrin - for taking the majority of our photographs and for fund raising for us for holiday events always getting us items for draws. (until he moved in 2013)
- Italpasta! - for the donation of 24 - 900gr packages of macaroni
Our seasonal supporters for our special event holiday meals and other projects. (Support/donations are in-kind as in gift certificates/prizes for draws, or cash for events/projects and could be one time or some are annually. These one time or annual donations are just as important as any other donation to our program. We couldn't do what we do without everyone's help, especially Holiday meals)
We also never want to forget our seasonal supporters of the past, who without their help our Christmas events for our seniors just wouldn't have been the same or as happy. Thank you all.
- Ameresco Canada
- Baskin Robbins
- Becker's on Wellesley Street East for donating juice for our 2014 Christmas luncheon.
- Blake House
- Brian Shell
- The Byng Group In 2010 they graciously gave all participants at our only meal after the fire, our Holiday meal, a $40 Shoppers gift card!!
- Cabbagetown Organics
- Daniel et Daniel
- Elephant & Castle
- Evelyn Beers
- Green's Antiques
- Luciano's No Frills - Parliament St.
- Mandarin Restaurant
- Maple Lodge Farms
- Menagerie Pet Shop
- Royal Home Hardware
- Sooters Photography
- Shoppers Drug Mart (467 Parliament)
- Stefan Premdas
- Steven Peacock
- Toronto Public Health Staff for their volunteer time helping serve and clean up.
- Unistar computer
- Wellesley Institute
© bwan.ca photo and text
All rights reserved.