Our office is available and open to all residents. We support our residents in many ways including the fact our volunteers are residents and we work with O.W. and O.D.S.P. for their volunteer stipend program for an opportunity to help support our residents/volunteers that use these assistance programs. Not all do but it's a way for us to give back. Please remember we are volunteer run so schedules do change at times due to people's normal activities such as appt's, etc. If you would like to call ahead to see if we are open, feel free by calling 674-693-2926 (BWAN). We usually have our schedule on our office door but for the most part, we are open 6 days a week from 10 am until 6 pm. You might want to call first just to be sure though.
At our office we actually run 3 different programs.
- Free High Speed Internet (6 new computers - free usage for our residents - some rules apply)
- Bleecker/Wellesley Activity Network - our mailing address for this program
- The Vertical Watch Program - a community crime prevention program
- We provide a myriad of literature including:
- § legal information,
- § health info.,
- § Gov't assistance program info,
- § info from agencies that service our area,
- § Old Age Pension
- § Mental health info.,
- § landlord/tenant, etc.
- § community information & events
At our office we provide the following services:
- Free phone use (for short calls if you don’t have a phone of your own – please limit it to 5 minutes, this includes long distance in Canada and the United States)
- Photocopying of papers for lease, o.w., etc. (there is a small charge of .20¢ a copy to cover the costs of the printer cartridges)
- free high speed internet use
- free information pamphlets
- coffee or tea .75¢ (if using one of our services, it's free)
- we do reassurance calls to those that need it once a week. Speak to a volunteer for more information.
- friendly chat. Lonely? Feeling a bit isolated? Drop in and chat with our volunteer for a while. We welcome it.
Our address is:
200 Wellesley Street East,
suite # 119
phone: 647-693-BWAN (2926)
Please remember we are a volunteer run organization and at times schedules change due to circumstances beyond our control. Feel free to call ahead to see if we are open.
© bwan.ca photo and text
All rights reserved.